Ensure that the IP address of your PC is in the same range as the device you are trying to access
If you get an error that says "Unable to open the search page", "This page can't be displayed" or something similar, your PC might not be in the correct IP range. If you are trying to log into a camera with the IP Address of 192.168.1.108, your PC's IP address should be in the 192.168.1.x range.
How to change your Computer's IP Address
- Open Settings.
- Select Network & Internet.
- Select Status, then Change Adapter Options.
Right-click the network adapter you want to change the IP address for, and select Properties.
- Select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) item.
- Click Use the following IP address and enter an IP address in the same range as the device you are trying to access. (E.g when trying to access 192.168.1.108 use a IP address in the 192.168.1.x range.) Note: This cannot be the same as the device you are trying to connect to or any other device on the same network. Save your changes on both windows.
- Type the IP address of the device you are trying to access into the address bar of your web browser.
- Once finished configuring the device, change the adapter settings back to normal by following steps 1-6 and clicking Obtain an IP address automatically.
Check that you are using Internet Explorer and not Microsoft Edge or another browser.
The icon for Internet Explorer looks like this , whereas the icon for Microsoft Edge looks like this .
The plugins for our products are designed for Internet explorer, so you may run into issues using another web browser.
Clear your Browsing History
If the Web Interface has "sys." or "com." in front of text or it doesn't load some elements correctly, you will need to delete your browsing history to fix it.
Press CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE.
Untick Preserve Favourites website data and Tick Temporary Internet files and website files, Cookies and website data, History and Passwords, then click Delete.
Internet explorer will prompt you when it has finished deleting your browser history. Refresh the page
Delete Internet Explorer's Plugins
Our cameras and NVRs use a plugin made for Internet Explorer and, depending on the firmware of the device, may present a different version of the plugin which can cause conflicts.
To resolve this, close Internet Explorer then find the directory below and delete the webrec folder containing the plugins.
C:\Program Files\webrec\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\webrec\